FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the purpose of lash extensions?
Lash extensions will make your natural lashes appear longer, thicker, and darker in comparison to your natural lashes. This effect will make your eyes stand out by giving it a little boost or a wider-eye look.
How are lash extensions applied?
A single lash extension or volume lash extension (multiple light-weight extensions) is applied with a very small amount of medical grade adhesive and placed carefully on the shaft of one mature natural lash.
How do you determine what looks best on my eyes?
Choosing a lash style for a client is customized to your face shape and your eyes and/or your desired look.
How long does the appointment take?
Appointments typically take 60 minutes - 90 minutes depending on what type you do and the amount of natural lashes you actually have.
What is an infill and how often should I get one?
Natural lashes have a natural growth cycle that sheds every 60-90 days as new ones grow in. For this reason, infills are needed between 2-4 weeks to fill in lashes on the new growth.
Will lash extensions damage my own lashes?
No. With proper application and quality products used on your natural lashes, it does not damage your natural lashes especially when natural lashes have a natural growth cycle.
Can I use lash growth products while I have extensions?
It would depend on the ingredients, so please check before use. I would not recommend using an eyelash growth product that contains steroids just because it changes the composition of your lashes. It would be difficult to determine your eyelash extension retention. If you feel that you must use an eyelash growth, look for a natural growth product (eyelash extension safe) that contains peptides.
Will I need to use mascara on my lash extensions?
No. It is not recommended. Mascara weighs down your natural lashes and it compromises the bonding agent that is used for your lash extensions, which weakens your retention. It is also very difficult to remove remanence from your lash extensions. Remanence of mascara can affect how well the lash extensions adhere to your natural lashes.
How do I keep my lash extensions clean?
You can cleanse your lash extension several times a week by gently applying water on your eyes or wetting a spoolie while gently combing the tips of your lash extensions. If you use an eye/lash cleanser, make sure it is water-based, oil-free, and non-irritating eye/lash cleanser.
How are lash extensions removed?
Lash extensions are removed with a specific product designed to safely remove eyelash extensions. There will be a charge for this process, which takes up to 45 minutes. If you choose to not have them professionally removed, you can also allow your eyelash extensions to naturally shed over time.
- Please arrive to your appointment mascara-free.
- Should you need to remove your eye make-up just hours before your appointment, make sure it is an oil-free makeup remover.
- I have a 24 hour cancellation policy from the time your appointment was placed. Please be considerate of that.
- Do not get your lash extensions wet or be in steam for the first 24 hours.
- When working out, be aware of how much you sweat to avoid it dripping in your eyes.
- Avoid rubbing, tugging, or over brushing your lashes. Less is more.
- Avoid brushing your lashes when they are wet. It is best to let them air dry first.
- If you use eye drops/contact solution regularly, blink lightly so that it does not get saturated at the base of your lashes.
- Mascara is not recommended on your lash extensions, but if you use other eye makeup that needs to be removed at end of day, only use oil-free makeup remover.
- Avoid getting shampoo/conditioner on your lashes. As silly as it may sound, sometimes using swim goggles in the shower helps.
- Lash extensions are waterproof, but avoid getting lashes wet on a regular basis.
- Avoid shower water beating down on your lashes, as anything constant and repetitive can cause your lash extensions to come off prematurely.
- Be mindful when applying skincare products on your face. Go around the orbit of your eyes. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
- Try to avoid sleeping on your face or on the side of your face. This also weakens the retention. Typically the side you sleep on the most tends to shed more. Using an eye mask/sleep mask can be a helpful solution.
- Infills are required every 2 - 4 weeks to maintain your lash extensions.
- You MUST have at least 50% - 55% of your lash extensions intact for an infill to be considered an infill.
- If you return for an infill and have not followed proper pre-appointment and aftercare steps, it may be determined that you will need a full set again.
- Here is a break down of how to determine what infill week you're in from your most recent appointment.
- 1 week infill is up to 10 days from your most recent full set/infill appointment.
- 2 week infill is up to 17 days from your most recent full set/infill appointment.
- 3 week infill is up to 24 days from your most recent full set/infill appointment.
- 4 week infill is up to 31 days from your most recent full set/infill appointment.
- Existing clients that exceed the 4 week infill (past 31 days) will pay for a full set at a $20 discount. Cannot be any more than 48 days. Past 48 days will be considered a full set at a full amount.
New client Infill/Other lash establishment Infill (not done by OmniBeauti Studio)
- Clients that currently have lash extensions from another lash establishment, but coming to OmniBeauti Studio as a new client infill MUST have at least 50% - 55% of lash extensions intact from the other lash establishment to be considered an infill.
RESCHEDULING & CANCELLATIONS
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. A 24 hour notice is required, so please be respectful and considerate of that.
Rescheduling/cancellations that are less than 24 hours from your appointment time or clients that no show will be charged 50% of the appointment fee.
Skin sensitivities and allergies are uncommon and all care is taken to ensure your safety. Any reactions to eyelash extensions is not foreseeable by OmniBeauti Studio and is not liable for reaction due to the products used. With that being said, no refunds will be issued for reactions; However, OmniBeauti Studio will offer a free lash extension removal should this unfortunate event occur. If you are concerned, a patch test is recommended a few days before your appointment is placed. Please text or call in advance.